Hemeliv Syrup offers a balanced blend of supplemental iron, cobalt (a key co-factor in Vitamin B12 synthesis), and Silymarin, tailored for the well-being of dogs and cats. This unique formulation acts as a hematinic, effectively aiding in preventing and treating nutritional deficiencies. It works by enhancing liver health, optimizing its functionality, and facilitating the removal of systemic toxins.
What is Hemeliv (Ferrous Ascorbate, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Cobalt)?
Hemeliv Syrup synergizes supplemental iron with cobalt, a vital player in Vitamin B12 synthesis, and the potent Silymarin. Designed specifically for dogs and cats, Hemeliv serves as a hematinic, addressing and preventing nutritional insufficiencies. It goes the extra mile to enhance liver health, bolster its functioning, and facilitate the systematic elimination of toxins. Notably, Silymarin promotes hepatic glutathione uptake and stimulates the synthesis of essential hepatocyte proteins. This comprehensive formula speeds up recovery post-illness, boosts hemoglobin levels, prevents anemia, invigorates vitality, and ensures your pet’s sustained well-being.
Classification: Comprehensive Hematinic and Liver Support / Herbal Indigenous Formulation
Every 10 ml contains:
- Ferrous ascorbate – 75 mg
- Folic acid – 1.1 mg
- Vitamin B12 – 75 mcg
- Cobalt – 1.25 mg
- Thiamine – 11.25 mg
- Pyridoxine – 11.25 mg
- Niacinamide – 3 mg
- Silymarin – 20 mg
- Choline Bitartrate – 1.8 mg
The product is a powerful hematinic, particularly beneficial for those seeking to improve their blood health. It has the unique capability to stimulate the organ responsible for producing red blood cells, which is especially advantageous for individuals with anemia. Moreover, its multifaceted approach includes stimulating liver function and contributing to overall well-being. Additionally, the product offers a layer of protection to the liver, aiding in its defense against potential toxins.
Cats & Puppies
1 ml twice daily
1 to 2 ml twice daily
5 ml twice daily or as advised by a Veterinarian
Important Safety Information for Pet Owners
Always consult a veterinarian before introducing Hemeliv into your pet’s regimen.
Administer the correct dosage as per your veterinarian’s advice. The dosage should match your pet’s size and condition.
Regularly observe your pet for any unusual reactions or changes in behavior while using Hemeliv. Though rare, if any adverse effects occur, such as allergies or gastrointestinal disturbances, discontinue use and consult a veterinarian.
Share your pet’s medical history, ongoing treatments, and pre-existing conditions with the veterinarian to ensure safe usage.
While generally safe, inform your veterinarian if your pet is pregnant or nursing.
Some pets may have increased sensitivity; closely monitor their response to Hemeliv.
Consult your veterinarian before combining Hemeliv with other supplements or medications.
Products like Hemeliv, designed for pet health and contain specific nutrients and medicinal compounds, may not require a prescription. It depends on your country’s regulations.
To determine whether you need a prescription to purchase Hemeliv, we recommend contacting a veterinarian or the manufacturer or distributor of Hemeliv in your area. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information based on your location and the specific regulations in place.
There is no information about specific interactions related to Hemeliv. However, we can provide general information about potential interactions that could occur with supplements or medications containing similar ingredients:
- Drug Interactions: If your pet is on any medications, including prescription drugs or other supplements, interactions are possible. Some components of Hemeliv, like vitamins and minerals, can interact with certain medications, affecting their absorption or effectiveness.
- Iron Interactions: Hemeliv contains iron, which can interact with certain medications like antibiotics or antacids. Iron can reduce the absorption of some antibiotics, so it’s important to space out their administration if necessary.
- Vitamin Interactions: Hemeliv contains various vitamins, including B vitamins. Some medications or conditions influence the absorption or utilization of these vitamins.
- Liver Function: Given that Hemeliv stimulates liver function and contains Silymarin, known to support liver health, it’s essential to consider other liver medications or supplements your pet might be taking.
- Individual Sensitivity: Some pets might have individual sensitivities to certain ingredients. Discuss these with your veterinarian if your pet has known allergies or sensitivities.
To ensure your pet’s safety, involving your veterinarian in any decision regarding supplements or medications is crucial.
There are no reported cases of side effects. Here is the general information about potential side effects:
- Allergic Reactions: Some pets may be sensitive to specific ingredients in supplements, leading to allergic reactions such as itching, hives, swelling, or difficulty breathing.
- Gastrointestinal Distress: High doses of specific vitamins or minerals can lead to gastrointestinal upset, including vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach discomfort.
- Iron Overdose: Excessive iron intake can be toxic for pets and cause symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, and potentially severe reactions in extreme cases.
- Interactions: Some ingredients might interact with medications your pet is taking, affecting their efficacy or causing adverse effects.
- Overdose: Administering too much of a supplement can lead to an overdose, which can have varying symptoms depending on the specific components of the supplement.
- Individual Sensitivities: Like humans, individual pets may react differently to supplements. Some pets might tolerate certain ingredients well, while others may experience discomfort.
It’s essential to follow dosing instructions precisely and consult a veterinarian before introducing any new supplement to your pet’s routine.
There is no specific information about cases of overdose of Hemeliv. However, overdosing on supplements, including those with vitamins, minerals, and other active components, can have severe consequences for pets. Some potential outcomes of an overdose might include:
- Toxicity: Excessive intake of specific vitamins or minerals can lead to toxicity. For instance, iron overdose can be toxic for pets and may result in symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, lethargy, rapid heartbeat, and even more severe complications.
- Nutritional Imbalance: Overdosing on one nutrient can disrupt the overall balance of your pet’s nutrition, leading to health issues.
- Organ Strain: High doses of certain nutrients can strain organs such as the liver or kidneys, potentially causing long-term damage.
- Gastrointestinal Distress: Overdosing on supplements can cause gastrointestinal upset, including vomiting and diarrhea.
- Interactions: An overdose of a supplement can exacerbate potential interactions with medications your pet might be taking.
If you suspect your pet has ingested an excessive amount of the supplement, you should take immediate action:
- Contact a Veterinarian: Contact your veterinarian or an emergency animal clinic for guidance.
- Keep Packaging: Keep the supplement’s packaging with you, as it might contain important information for the veterinarian.
- Observe Your Pet: Monitor your pet’s behavior and symptoms closely. Seek immediate veterinary attention if your pet starts exhibiting any unusual or severe symptoms.
- Do Not Induce Vomiting: Do not try to induce vomiting unless advised to do so by a veterinarian, as some substances can cause further harm if brought back up.
If you’re concerned about potential overdose risks, your veterinarian can guide you to ensure your pet’s safety.
Store Hemeliv in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, heat sources, and humidity. Avoid areas where temperature fluctuations are typical.
Keep the supplement in its original packaging to protect it from air, moisture, and light.
Ensure the packaging is tightly sealed after each use. This prevents moisture and air from entering, potentially affecting the product’s integrity.
Store the product out of reach of pets and children to prevent accidental ingestion.
Unless specified on the product label, most pet supplements don’t need refrigeration. Refrigeration might introduce moisture that could affect the quality of the supplement.
Avoid storing supplements in places prone to extreme temperatures, such as near radiators, windows, or unventilated spaces. Moisture can lead to the deterioration of the product. A dry environment helps maintain its quality.
What is Hemeliv used for?
Hemeliv is a potent hematinic, stimulating red blood cell production, enhancing liver function, and protecting against harmful toxins.
Can I give Hemeliv to both cats and dogs?
Yes, Hemeliv is suitable for both cats and dogs. Following the recommended dosages based on your pet’s size and needs is essential.
How does Hemeliv stimulate red blood cell production?
Hemeliv contains specific nutrients that support the body’s natural red blood cell production process, helping combat anemia.
Is Hemeliv safe for pregnant pets?
Hemeliv is generally considered safe for pregnant pets, but it’s recommended to consult a veterinarian before adding any supplement to a pregnant pet’s diet.
Can Hemeliv interact with other medications?
Specific components of Hemeliv, like iron and vitamins, might interact with medications. Consult your veterinarian to ensure compatibility with your pet’s current medications.